“I have been taking large doses of humility for the past two years as the Always Getting Better Programme has truly transformed Ryanair for customers.” Said Michael O’Leary on Tuesday April 12 at the launch of Year 3 of the Always getting better programme.
This year the 300,000 passengers on Ryanair flights every day can expect.
- Cheaper baggage, 108 possible fees will be changed to 6 only. With no difference between online and in airport fees.
- A new Leisure plus fare with 20kg bag, reserved seating and priority boarding for extra €43.99
- A better mobile App which is already being used by 7.5 million people with one flick payment options and booking for parking and transfers.
- A new “not” a loyalty programme, but one free flight for every 12 flown per year.
- Business Plus will have more fast track options at airports and auto check in.
- New Schools/groups programme, travel agency set up.
- Destination guides tailored to person travelling.
New Runway at DUB
Ryanair is in favour of it as long as the costs do not go up or include gold-plating and unjustified costs. He saw Kevin Tolland DAA head and told him to on Tuesday.
Air Traffic Tower at DUB - Sees no need for it – “Irish Aviation Authority should get cameras and infrared – half the day you can’t see anyway”
On ATC Strikes in Europe
Remove the right to Strike, have binding arbitration, make ATC pay EU261 disruption costs for passengers. Over flights must not be disrupted. Timing of strikes is deliberate. “Idiotic French believe nobody should work and the Germans should pay.”
MOL is very against it, bad move for Britain – companies need to get behind the Stay campaign. The single market is not perfect but it works.
He has some sympathy – electorate are idiots voting for headbangers and a bankrupt property developer. People should grow some common sense.
Ryanair left Alghero and Pescara as they are not going to fund pensions for retired Alitalia pilots with additional charges. Ryanair could go back in the autumn to these routes if the Italian Government gets sense.
Highlight – I had my picture taken with the Grand National Trophy he won on Saturday